A post office called Olga was established in 1890, and remained in operation until 1901. The name came from the wife of the postmaster.
A store first operated at this location in 1914, but was then called the Tella Store and was owned by Charles and Kissee Tella. The Kindall family began operating the store in the 1930s and remained open until the death of Cora Kindall in 1993.
Authors Charley Brindley reopened the store in 2009 and it remained open until this year.